Model Mugging of DFW: Basic Course
Total course time is about 15 hours for the Basic Course, usually taught in two or three sessions.
The Five Principles of women’s self-defense/empowerment
- Crime prevention and awareness strategies
- Behavioral patterns of criminals, situational recognition, elements of the attack, assailant vulnerability, and countermeasures available.
- The goal: A foundation of physical skills is established in preparation for live contact. Preparation to reduce inhibitions and improve the fighting spirit.
Defense against single unarmed assailant from various positions
- Review of predator typologies and application of this knowledge to fighting strategies
- Tactics include vocalization, assertiveness, boundary setting, verbal negotiation, identifying and using weaknesses and strengths, option selection and application, self-evaluation, realistic physical skill development.
- Fighting Skills- Students are immersed in realistic adreniline based scenarios and trained at full speed with full contact against a padded instructor/assailant (model mugger). The result is that the tactics become instinctual, ensuring the techniques are immediately remembered when/if they are needed.